Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Product of Cub Prix stamps his mark


MALAYSIA'S team AirAsia-SIC rider, Zulfahmi Khairuddin stamped his mark at the Spanish MotoGP in Jerez, Spain on Sunday.
Zulfahmi, product of Malaysian Cub Prix Championship completed the race at the 20th spot, an achievment that can be proud of.
This is his debut in the world motorbike racing and he will be racing full season in the 125cc category this year.
He clocked 43'27.671s on the finish line in spite of a crash on Saturday which ended his bout in the
qualifying session.
“I made a mistake at the 9th turn during the qualifying session, and I was sent to the Jerez General Hospital. I had to spend seven hours at the hospital because they wanted to make sure that I was fit for the race,” he
said.
“I concentrated on improving my lap time, and I’m very happy with my result today. I am also very happy with the team, and I’d like to thank everyone especially the team mechanics for a job well done. The bike’s set up was great, providing me with added confidence on-track. Not forgetting, utmost thanks to all Malaysians for their support,” he said, adding that he will strive to do his best in the upcoming race in Le Mans.
Though Fahmi was happy with his performance, lady luck was not on his teammate, Sturla Fagerhaug.
“Sadly, it was a very short race for me. I lost the front while braking during the second lap, and that was the end of it. My pace was the same of riders that had been able to get points. That can be my target in Le Mans".
Sepang International Circuit CEO, Razlan Razali, was present at the race to show his support for the team.
He said: "I was a little worried when he crashed during the qualifying session, but when the doctors certified him fit to race, I was confident that he would not let the crash affect his performance during the actual
race."

3 comments:

  1. hopefully Malaysians will cont 2 support Fahmi....keep it up Fahmi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still the begining, i am sure in time Fahmi will perform, i hope only more riders have the chance to follow in his foot steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sure over time Fahmi will do well, we need to give him the time to develop, i only wisd mroe riders from malaysia can follow in his footsteps!

    ReplyDelete