Sunday, September 27, 2009

A 1Malaysia friend...

YESTERDAY (Saturday) I received a phone call from an old friend. He said: “ Hey Hanz!, is it sound crazy our 1M Formula One team got a yearly budget of RM308 million.” I asked him, from where do you heard the news? He said: “ I read in our local newspaper today. It’s sound crazy isn’t it?. Hmmmm…I replied. I told him, as long as it doesn’t involved rakyat money, then it should be okay. He doesn’t agree with me. He said: “ Why so easy to approve such a big amount of budget for the team? When it comes to bonus for civil servants, the government find it so difficult to approve.” I told him, that none of my business, as long as it doesn’t affect people’s money. I told him that the move may be part of the so called 1Malaysia strategies to sell Malaysia to the top of the world map as well as to strengthen Malaysia's reputation at international scene. He replied: “ Yes I agree, but the amount is too much especially when the economic situation is still in a yo-yo… “
I told that old friend, not to worry much about it. Let wait and see what do we gained from it in the future. I further told him that, if the government find it not worth, they can anytime postponed the project. Before my friend hung up, he told me this: “ I hope the government learned from past mistakes when we involved with Minardi F1 team but in the end we gained nothing. But, I still think that the money should spent wisely for something else because we are not ready yet to compete in F1. We still need foreign expert. Then I told him: “ Just give a try and if not now, we will never have the chance to prove our skills in such a high tech racing competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment